The ESPLAR* trainers have been named after the Brazilian NGO which brings technical support to the organic cotton farming families Veja works with in North Brazil.
- Upper in J-Mesh: 50% of organic cotton, 29% of jute and 21% of recycled polyester
- Panels made out of leather
- Insole made out of wild rubber and other synthetic materials
- Sole made of wild rubber from the Amazonian forest (25%)
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre
This season Veja reinterprets the jute canvas, a traditional fiber produced in the Amazon region combined with recycled cotton. More than being a resistant fabric, the jute has antistatic and thermoregulatory qualities which ensure an optimal breathability for the sneakers.
* Escritório de Planejamento e Assessoria Rural (The Rural Planning and Development Association)