For this collaboration, the studio teams of both VEJA and Make My Lemonade worked hand in hand to create three different styles for adults and two for kids.
Founded by Lisa Gachet in 2015, Make My Lemonade is an inclusive and assertive fashion brand. The founder and designer Lisa Gachet is famous for her DIY projects. Each collection of Make My Lemonade is in a limited edition.
- Upper in Suede
- Panels made of Suede and T.P.U.
- Logo V made of Rubber and rice waste (22%)
- Sole in Amazonian rubber (24%), rice waste (23%), and 12% recycled rubber (59% bio-based and recycled)
- Insole in sugar cane (40%), organic cotton (12%), Amazonian rubber (11%), and 11% recycled *E.V.A. (74% bio-based and recycled)
- Soft lining made of organic cotton (33%) & recycled polyester (67%)
- Laces in organic cotton (100%)
Suede is made from the underside of the leather previously brushed to make it softer and more flexible.
It comes from the Rio Grande do Sul farms. It is tanned in Brazil, respecting the REACH norms.
Special attention is paid to water usage during the tanning process. The suede is coated with water-repellent oils to protect the shoes from light rain.
The tanneries that work with VEJA are certified by the Leather Working Group.
Made in Brazil.